At the festival Pure Passie we have received many enthusiastic reactions to our Craft Radler. A number of visitors have even entrusted us to buy no more Radler in a bottle!
Because we can not sell our Raddraaier Radler in a bottle (if we should do it we would have to molest our drink and kill the yeast to prevent the bottles from exploding) we give you this recipe so that you can also enjoy a nice Raddraaier Radler yourself!
For the Craft Radler we need the following:
– Hermelijn or Otto II (or any other good beer)
– Lemon lemonade
The recipe for the lemonade can be found here:
Ingredients list lemonade
1.5 liters of lemonade results in 3 liters Craft Radler.
For the syrup:
- 100 ml of fresh lemon juice (~ 2 large lemons)
- 100g sugar
- 100 ml of water
To finish the lemonade:
- Yellow part of the lemon peel
- 1.5L sparkling water (eg Spa)
Preparation of lemonade
For the best lemonade we have to make fresh syrup first:
- Put the lemons in some water to soak. Wipe the lemons and discard rinse water.
- Bring 100ml water and 100g sugar to a boil, stir to dissolve the sugar.
- Then add the lemon juice and bring it to a boil again, very briefly!
- Put the peel in a clean preheated bottle and pour the hot syrup on the peel (zest).
- Let the syrup cool overnight (with some degree of impatience this step can be skipped)
- If all goes well, you now have about 250mL lemon syrup.
In order to make the lemonade we add 1.5L bubbling water to the syrup (or the ratio that you find tasty). You now have a perfect lemonade to make a Craft Radler. If you want to save the lemonade syrup a little longer than the peel must be removed after a day or the taste will become too bitter.
For the best Craft Radler take 1 part craft beer and one part lemonade.